Saturday, January 2, 2016

Oh, early January!

I have a love-hate relationship with early January. 

While I LOVE the idea of a fresh start and clear canvas full of possibilities to write the story of a new year on, I despise the end of the Christmas season. I especially can't stand taking down our tree and decorations, which seem to multiply every year.

So, to properly mourn the end of the 2015 holiday season, here is a list of the top 10 things I will miss most about it:

1. Awesome photo cards regularly arriving in the mail. See below (Not all are there, as Will likes to remove the ones down below and hide them around the house). He's like a ferret in that way. ✉️✉️✉️

2. The beautiful neighborhood lights. Things are already starting to get a bit dreary and feel naked. ☃☃

3. Christmas break from school. 🌞🌞🌞

4. The fun countdown to such break. πŸ’«πŸŒŸπŸŒŸ

5. Wrapping gifts (Yes, I'm a weirdo) and giving them. That's what the season is all about, right? Well, kinda.πŸŽ€πŸŽ€πŸŽ€

6. Opening gifts I actually had no idea about or forgot existed completely. πŸ’…πŸ»

7. Christmas cookies, especially Italian anginetti cookies. They are simply THE best.πŸ₯πŸ₯

8. Christmas parties and getting to reconnect with friends near and far. 🍻🍾🍷🍸☕️

9. Seeing both sides of my awesome family (though we certainly missed heading North this year to see more of them!). πŸ‘ͺ

10. A legitimate excuse to help myself to M&Ms, Hershey kisses, and mini PB cups I conveniently scattered throughout the main level of our home in cute dishes. Alas, I finally decided to stop the madness and bring the rest to school with me on Monday.🍫

So long, 2015 Christmas season. You've been good to us all. πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

No comments:

Post a Comment