Sunday, January 24, 2016

Crazy SNOW!!!

Day 3 of our great "snow in", and we are still smiling! The snow finally stopped overnight, leaving us with over three feet. 

Greg spent HOURS continuing to dig out his car, our sidewalk, and our backyard paths. He insisted I not help, so I made sure he had plenty of delicious homemade sustenance throughout the day. I know; I really am such a good little wife. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Other highlights from the day:

1. Will is definitely a snow ADMIRER. Hold him, let him look at the snow, and walk him down the plowed street...he's a perfectly content boy. Place him in the snow, and all hell breaks loose. We are working on this. ☃☃

2. Dexter, on the other hand, loves being a snow bunny! I got a chance to take him for two short walks today, and he loved it. We ran out of plowed streets to walk down quickly, but it felt great just to be outside. 🌞🌞

3. Today's homemade food: macaroni and cheese and chocolate chip brownies with marshmallows and expresso. #nomnomnom

4. I started the day with Jeb Bush-like energy but was immediately rejuvenated once outside and in the snow, cold, and sun! I NEED daily outside time for my sanity, which Storm Jonas has graciously reminded me of. ❄️❄️❄️

5. While Will took his afternoon nap, I went into FULL nesting mode. I organized ALL of his clothes into nicely labeled bins (newborn through 4T), thanks to my amazing new label maker! I'm a bit obsessed now. 😜😜

6. I even had more energy to start my annual closet purge and reorganization, which I made great progress on and will continue tomorrow! Organization excites me. Yes, I'm a weirdo. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

7. Playing with Will continues to be a blast. His constant smile and laugh are truly infectious. 😘😘

8. We love FaceTiming with Will's grandparents. He us especially obsessed with my parents' "doggie."

9. We all have yet another day off tomorrow! Good thing I'm a master at finding projects and things around the house to work on. 🌟🌟

10. I just realized that no matter how many snow days we have this year, I will not have to make them up. Thanks, BBL2!! #babywin πŸ‘ΆπŸ»πŸ‘ΆπŸ»

Stay off the roads, Warrior Women in the area!! πŸ’žπŸ’ž

No comments:

Post a Comment