Sunday, November 29, 2015

Sunday rainy day!

I was stressing out yesterday over what kind of day trip to do with my patents today. The National Aquarium? DC? Frederick? Annapolis? 

Thankfully, Greg encouraged me to chill out, stop worrying, and enjoy our date night last night. I did. I decided to leave it up to whatever we all felt like doing in the AM.

This morning, we all slept until after 8 (Will included, a Mommy's dream), and it was gross and raining. We decided brunch at Bennigan's was in order and to then see how the day unfolded. Here's a bit of what I'm grateful for from today...

Day 29's list:

1. Will being an angel at brunch. This is no small feat, considering he almost knocked over an entire bar table and 20 glasses the last time he was at a restaurant back in September. Toddlers + restaurants = usually a dangerous combo.

2. Enjoying a relaxing morning decorating our Christmas tree and house, toddler-proof style. That also proved to be so small feat.

3. Singing and dancing along to children's music and Christmas songs. Will has mastered the hokie pokie. No joke.

4. The rain stopping to allow Dex and I a chance to escape the house for a walk during Will's nap. This is also always my treasured audiobook time. I'm currently enjoying a light fiction piece, Carry Her Heart. This is very necessary after finishing the heart-pounding psychological thriller, Bad Games, yesterday.

5. Organizing all of my maternity clothes and donating 2 bags to charity.

6. Will being an endless source of smiles and entertainment.

7. Truly enjoying time with my parents, as it is already their last night here. 

We didn't end up going anywhere today, which ended up being perfect. Sometimes, all you need is quality family time and laughs (and NY style pizza, of course), especially on dreary, miserable Sundays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment