Sunday, September 6, 2015

What an awesome man!

I am beyond grateful for my fantastic, fun, loving, laidback, and incredibly easy-to-please in-laws. We are truly enjoying hosting them this long holiday weekend and having a lot of fun in the process.

My wonderful father-in-law, Don, turned 61 today. He retired as a battalion fire chief this past spring after serving over 37 amazing years as a fire fighter. He is a true example of a selfless hero with a deep appreciation for life who has a hell of a sense of humor. Don also knows how to relax and not let his worries get to him, traits I have always admired and wished I had more of. I swear he looks 10+ years younger and has more hair since retiring too. Hmmmm. 

Here's to Don and many, many more fun, youthful, and carefree years ahead. Greg and I both deeply respect and admire the man, dad, and now grandfather he has become and only hope William will have the chance to learn as many life lessons from him as well. Happy birthday, Don!! 

#livinglifetothefullest #youngatheart #grandpaknowsbest 

No comments:

Post a Comment