Friday, September 4, 2015

Very grateful!

TGIF! So grateful for many things today but especially for the friendships and people I've made at the gym I've belonged to since late last July. 

GoPerformance helped me achieve the following:

1. Get my body back and start my journey to getting back in shape beginning 6 weeks post-baby!
2. Allowed me to have a safe haven to unleash stress and get a good workout in after work multiple times a week, as it was next door to Will's previous daycare. 
3. Helped me gain confidence in my ability to complete strenuous HIIT workouts and build back muscle again through lifting.
4. Introduced me to the power of the protein shake post-workout. I swear by them now!
5. Introduced me to a fantastic community of people of all fitness levels, especially a very special group of running friends. I am so grateful to have met a fellow new mom, Lauren, whose son was born less than a month before mine. We had the chance to get our families together tonight for dinner and look forward to future play dates and memories to make.

Even though I have now left the gym, as it is no longer convenient to our daycare or school (and there is a new gym opening up literally right across the street), I will always look back at my time at Go fondly. I thank the owners, trainers, and fellow athletes there who inspired me to reclaim my inner athlete and runner again. It IS still possible to fit fitness and healthy life choices into your life after baby. It's all about careful scheduling and choosing to make YOU a priority every day.

I am beyond lucky to be able to continue doing just that!

#fitforlife #fitnessisajourney #youmatter

No comments:

Post a Comment