Tuesday, September 8, 2015

A child's smile...

I love the sentence starter "Happiness is..." You can learn so much about a person in this one sentence. 

Every day, the ending of this sentence may take on different forms for me. Sometimes, happiness is my running trails or yoga mat, while other times it is a reassuring embrace from my hubby or my dog's giddy grin when greeting me at the end of a long day.

I don't think anything, though, can top the power my son William has over me. His smile can literally light up a room and make my heart explode simultaneously. At just under 15 months, he already knows how to work a room and make you feel like the luckiest person in the world. I love him more than I ever thought a person could love another. That's the funny thing about parenthood. You get to watch a part of your heart walk around outside of your body and completely fall in love all over again. 

To me, the ultimate happiness is making a child smile ... and knowing that, at that very moment, nothing could be better. Life is exactly as it was meant to be, and I am beyond blessed.

#parentingisthebestjobintheworld #gratitude #soblessed

No comments:

Post a Comment