Saturday, September 26, 2015

Be kind. Always.

I was so fortunate today to celebrate the impending arrival of two female friends' baby girl at their baby shower. They have been trying to conceive through IVF for years and had multiple miscarriages along the way, a devastation I know all too well, sadly.

The entire afternoon made me think about just how blessed I am to have my son Will, regardless of what may happen in the future. There were several pregnant women at the shower as well as other women who are still enduring painful, multi-year infertility struggles. I give them mad props for having the courage to come to the baby shower in the first place! NOT easy. 

Getting to that delivery room and meeting my son for the first time over 15 months ago was a dream come true and the end of a long journey of fertility issues. It pains me that miscarriages and infertility are still so taboo, even in today's society.

I will continue to share my story and urge you to do the same if you -- or a loved one -- has been impacted. You are NOT alone, and it helps to know that SO many women have had direct experiences with infertility -- or certainly know someone who has!

Will is an enormous blessing to us, and we cherish every single day we have with him. I encourage you to do the same with a special child -- or children -- in your life. After all, I hear they grow up in the mere blink of an eye! ;)

Be kind. Listen. Be present. And remember that everyone is fighting a battle you probably know nothing about.

#soblessed #gratitude #mysonmyworld

No comments:

Post a Comment