Friday, September 4, 2015

Full speed ahead!

Another great day! Will LOVES his new school and is really thriving in the literacy-rich, creative, and ever-stimulating environment. The toddlers follow a structured -- but fun -- curriculum and are constantly exploring new ideas, words, shapes, textures, and stories. I think he is really going to thrive in this new environment and learn a heck of a lot in the process!

School continues to be awesome but stressful for me. The principal trusts me implicitly, which is both a curse and a blessing. He keeps asking me to teach more classes and sponsor more after school clubs, which I love but doesn't help my new mantra of trying to say no -- and NOT feeling guilty in the process! I had a blast teaching some 7th and 8th grade boys who normally get sent out of class. We did a lot of team building, and I even had them complete a learning styles inventory and preference sheet so I can get to know who they are. I truly love teaching and love getting to know many different students in the building. They have such character and certainly are NEVER predictable! 

I then led meetings until after 4:30 and had Will to myself tonight. We had a blast! He is SO close to walking on his own and loves our dog Dexter to pieces. I love the fact that he will always know the love of animals, something that has always been important to me.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring, but I am filled with continued positivity and hope for what lies ahead. I am OK not knowing exactly what path my career will take or what my 1, 5, or 10 year plan is. Maybe it's better not to have a plan at all? This is brand new territory for me, but I shall embrace the unknown courageously and with my head held high, in true Warrior Woman style.

#ohmiddleschoolers #fullspeedahead #reoveringtypeA #gratitude

No comments:

Post a Comment