Sunday, August 2, 2015

Time to refresh!

After a lovely week in Maine (where I consumed more carbs and ice cream then I'd like to admit!), it's time to get back on the horse. Time to take control of my diet and nutrition again. Time to try my first 3 Day Beachbody Refresh!

I gained a few pounds last week and am eager to get back into healthy habits. I am hoping this 3 day detox is exactly what I need and will help me get back on track moving forward.

I am halfway through the first day. So far, so good! I do not feel famished, I have a ton of energy, and I am definitely already eliminating a lot of unwanted toxins and waste in my body. I am a bit nervous about how I will feel over the next 2.5 days but am just trying to take it one hour and one day at a time!

I did a bit of research, and this cleanse seems like one of the healthiest -- and smartest -- ones around. Liquid fasts terrify me, and I'm already a huge fan of protein shakes and Shakeology, so I figured why not? Why do I have to lose? It's worth a shot. 

The hardest part for me will be limiting my physical activity during this refresh. If I run and walk as much as I'm used to, I easily need to consume at least 2,500 calories daily. This refresh allows for about 900. That could be a problem. We shall see.

Regardless of how these 3 days turn out, I am happy to be getting back on track with my nutrition and helping show the way for my husband and son in the process. I know they look up to me as a healthy role model, so I will challenge to be the BEST version of myself that I can be each and every day. If you are what you eat, then I guess it's worth being mindful and extra conscious of how I'm fueling my body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment