Sunday, August 16, 2015

Have you taken some time to "escape" today?

Have you taken some time to "escape" today?

Even with over 12 hours round trip in the car with a puking, teething toddler in less than 48 hours and a busy schedule in Rochester (on the water and being with friends), I made myself a priority first thing this morning. After leading another friend in some dynamic stretching in the driveway to prepare him for day 2 of his regatta (He finished 2nd yesterday!), I went to another one of my happy places -- running/walking with Will on the local roads. 

The sun was shining, birds were chirping, and even Will was enjoying himself, babbling up a storm in excitement over the new sights and sounds we passed before taking a catnap. The people we passed were genuinely friendly and courteous, a far cry from what we are used to in the DMV area!

In the process, I found and left more peace on the road and remembered the importance of being in the present. I am so grateful that Will loves our daily walks and runs. Like his mommy, he always seems to appreciate the chance to "escape" for a bit. Trust me -- I love people but also cherish my alone time. 

Long after he outgrows his stroller, I hope Will can continue to find that kind of balance in his life -- and hopefully stop to listen to the birds and breathe in fresh air in the process. #beinnature #taketimetoescape #cherisheverymoment

No comments:

Post a Comment