Sunday, August 30, 2015

#notnecessary

Wow. I had the most amazing weekend with my boys and feel refreshed, rejuvenated, and much more balanced heading into the official first full week of the new school year! 

I am committed to staying this way and already made some good decisions today to ensure that happens (ie: choosing to catch up on sleep and spend a busy, awesome day with my boys rather than going into my school, where many of my colleagues worked for 5 hours today). I still got some work done remotely but was proud of myself for saying NO to fully working on a Sunday. That sets the wrong precedent and unnecessarily robs me of quality family time I very much needed. #nothankyou

Here's to teachers near and far. Your students are counting on you to show up, give them your all, and guide them to creating and living their best lives possible. Teaching is truly the greatest -- and most noble -- profession in the world. Let's make the 2015-16 school year the BEST yet!!!
#highercalling #putkidsfirst #buildingabettertomorrow 

No comments:

Post a Comment