Friday, July 24, 2015

You are ENOUGH.

I have always been a people pleaser, and sometimes, it's gotten the best of me. I have over-committed and overextended myself too many times to the point where it compromised my physical and emotional health. I lived under the false assumption that doing more = better. How wrong was I??! VERY.

This all changed when I gave birth to my son William last year. Immediately, it was no longer just about me. All of a sudden, time was even more precious. The time I wasn't working, I wanted to be with Will. The time I did have to myself HAD to matter. I had to reclaim what was most important to ME for the first time.

Being a new mom has certainly taught me a lot -- about balance, unconditional love, sacrifice, well-being, and most importantly, being OK with being a "good enough" parent. Oftentimes, we strive to become an unattainable "super mom" who can do it all and needs no sleep in the process. This is not fair or realistic. We deserve more, We deserve time to ourselves and the chance to have our own time, interests, and passions outside of being a Mom.

I am happiest when I make time for myself each day to work out. In fact, the gym I belonged to this past year was right next door to my son's daycare. Talk about convenience! I quickly realized that when I made this sacred time for myself, I, in turn, became a better Mom for Will -- more focused, energized, refreshed, and complete. Anything worth doing is worth taking time for ... no excuses.

My best advice to you? Find a passion or hobby that motivates and inspires you to be a better and more creative person. Make TIME every day (Even for 10 minutes!) to pursue it and make YOURSELF a priority, You deserve it, your family deserves it, and your health and sanity certainly deserve it. You are ENOUGH ... be proud of that, and embrace it!! Every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment