Monday, February 22, 2016

Remember your roots...

Fish start to smell after 3 days. So do house guests. 🐟🐟

While we very much enjoyed the 10+ days we had with my parents, we were also eager to get back into our routine as a family of 3 (plus BBL2 and pup). I'm not the biggest fan of Mondays, but getting back into some semblance of normalcy was a blessing today. ☀️☀️

Greg even beat us home and started dinner! With his ridiculous commute, this is rare. He's at trainings all week that end at 4, which allowed him to just barely beat traffic today. We will see what the next few days bring with rain! 🌧🌧🌧

I was showered with birthday love at school today too, from yummy Einstein bagels and tea to cards and pashmina scarves. I even had one colleague said that he thought I was older because of all the responsibility I had and how cool my job is. "I want to be you when I grow up," he said. Ha! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Another awesome part of the day? It being warm enough to go for a full family evening walk! This is a ritual that the bad weather stole from us in recent months, making us appreciate it all the more now. Will was thrilled too! He always LOVES walks and just being outside in general. Outside, outside! πŸŒΏπŸƒπŸŒ»

I think Greg is still amazed I turned out at least somewhat "normal" after seeing how irrational, intense, and crazy my parents can be in moments of parenting stress. I'm a firm believer in learning from our past, being grateful for those experiences, and taking those lessons to carve out your future, just as you want to design it.

No, my parents may not be perfect, but they loved me unconditionally and gave me the best life they could. We will do the same for Will and hope he takes our lessons and family values to lead an extraordinary and honorable life of his own. 

That's all any parent ways -- to see his or her child be happy, fulfilled, and complete, leading life in the best way they can. 

#soblessed #gratitude #rememberyourrootsbutdontbeafraidtofly πŸ•ŠπŸ•ŠπŸ•Š

No comments:

Post a Comment