Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Exciting announcement!

So, the LaBancas have a little announcement to make. Many of you have already guessed because: a) I'm not a subtle person and b) I'm already starting to show for those of you with the unfortunate pleasure of seeing me regularly. 😉

Yes, we are pregnant and expecting our second child in late May. Yes, we are quite ecstatic. Yes, we feel beyond blessed, especially when getting to hear our new one's precious heartbeat during our first ultrasound today. 

Babies truly are tiny miracles, and it's amazing what the human body is capable of naturally and what it can create from basically nothing. Beyond remarkable.

Some may find it silly or risky to announce my pregnancy before the end of my first trimester. And that is fine. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and preferences. As someone who has experienced recurrent pregnancy loss, though, I know the importance of having a support network when things don't turn out as planned. It makes me think of an article I posted briefly on my regular FB page (on announcing one's pregnancy early due to past miscarriages), which I then had to take down because everyone assumed it was a pregnancy announcement. Oh, the irony! 

God forbid something happens with this pregnancy, I know I will need genuine support and people who are there for me, people who already knew my news and can help me move forward. I will take my chances, as the worst thing one can do through any kind of loss, especially a miscarriage, is to remain silent and not share your experience. There is definitely strength in numbers, and you are never alone.

So, yes, toddler Will will have a sibling in the spring. Yes, I will have 2 under 2 for about a month. It's official, and we both seriously feel like the luckiest people in the world. Stick, little one, stick!

#beyondblessed #babylabanca2 #growbabygrow 

No comments:

Post a Comment