Sunday, May 1, 2016

Stop the judging!

Most of you know that I'm an only child. 

Growing up, I can still remember my parents constantly being asked, "So, when's the second kid coming?" I don't remember how they responded but assumed they wanted a smaller, calmer, and quieter family with me than they had growing up, with 4 and 5 siblings respectively. 😀

Or, they would simply say, "How could anyone ever follow adorable, precious little you?!!" Ha!! 😂😂😂

It wasn't until a few years ago that I learned the truth -- my mom almost had a massive stroke and nearly died while giving birth to me. Her blood pressure shot so high up that she had to be completely isolated for five days in a dark, quiet room following my birth, unable to see her newborn or husband. As my Dad said, "How could I even ask her for a second child after that?!" Fair point.

This story -- and our own initial struggle with infertility -- makes me hyper sensitive over asking anyone when they are going to pop out a kid, be if their first or fourth. Frankly, it is none of my business. I firmly believe that every person needs to make the decision for what works best for his or her family and partner. 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

Greg and I always knew we wanted more than one kid, which at one time seemed nearly impossible as we struggled having our first. We feel beyond blessed to be welcoming our second son into the world this month (hopefully!) and plan to fully support our friends and family in their path to completing their families, be it with no kids or seven.🌟🌟

Every family is different. Every family is special. And every family deserves the right to bring life into the world in the way that best suits them.💞💞💞

Let's celebrate one another for having the courage to make decisions that are best for US and stop with the assumptions and unnecessary judgment. That gets us nowhere.

#familyfirst #letsbealliesandnotenemies #youdoyou 

No comments:

Post a Comment