Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Bittersweet...

Thankfully, today was a much better day. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΎ

I listened to my gut (and body) this morning  and decided to take the morning off and rest. That was by far the best decision I made all day, as I ended up being at school until 9 pm for our annual Night of Pride showcase and celebration.🌟🌟

While a huge success, the event was also bittersweet for me. There are many challenges to working in a highly impacted school. One we often neglect to draw attention to is the high turnover of quality staff every year, most years. And we are losing some AMAZING people this year. Every day I'm working with them I know could be my last, if BBL2 decides to ever arrive.πŸ‘ΆπŸ»πŸ˜«πŸ˜œ

As a staff developer and teacher coach, I recognize the importance of teachers seeking new opportunities and challenges, but that doesn't mean they aren't going to be missed. We have some incredibly talented, hard working, and kid-centered educators leaving our building this year, and it's impossible not to be sad. πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯

I guess change and the unknown are scary, and I have a lot of that happening imminently. πŸ˜‰ I know I am still needed in my school and that the staff is depending on me. I refuse to let them down or not be excited for the year ahead. 

I just wish I didn't have to say so many goodbyes in the process. πŸ˜”πŸ˜”

No comments:

Post a Comment