Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Hellish commute!!

I have reached a new level of exhaustion....and it's becoming increasingly difficult to bend down and pick things up. Will is obsessed with throwing things currently, so this is becoming a bit of an issue. 😫😫😫

On another topic entirely, I often wonder what it would be like for both Greg and me to have short commutes. I commuted from DC to MD for 6 years, but that was against traffic and sans kids. 🌟

Today marks our 3rd year anniversary living in Clarksburg. Since moving here, Greg has dealt with his horrific commute to VA with grace and little complaint. The price is not being able to see him much during the weeknights. I become the lead parent, which is fine, but I often wonder how long is reasonable for him to continue such a hellish round trip drive 5 days per week. Since his work is classified, he can never telework, and the possibility will never exist for him to work any closer to where we live due to the top secret nature of his work. 😫😫😫

Currently, it takes him about 1-1.5 hours to get to work and 1.5-2 to get home. Add traffic and any kind of weather to the mix, and that average easily increases -- even doubles some days.😑😑😑

Tonight, Greg was actually home before 7 pm and got a lot of good play time in with Will. Both loved it.πŸ‘ΆπŸ»πŸ˜€πŸ˜˜

I want this to happen every night. I crave quality family time that's more than just an hour or two. But, unfortunately, we live in one of the most expensive regions in the country. Moving closer to DC is no cheap feat.πŸ˜ͺ

For now, we will deal and take things one day at a time. I know we will find a better place for our family long-term, but it's not going to happen overnight. I must be positive and patient. Why is that do damn hard to do?!! 😫😫😫

In other news, Will was a normal sweet boy tonight and enjoys using his animal figurine container as a hat. #adorable 

No comments:

Post a Comment