Sunday, July 24, 2016

We survived!

We survived 9 days. πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½

9 whole days of having both boys to ourselves with no help from anyone else or school for Will. Add in that a 5 day "vacation," and it's safe to say we are WIPED. 😩😩😩

We were able to host some awesome friends in our home this weekend, though, including great longtime friends (going back to college), Dan's future godfather, and even one of my wonderful former students. πŸ’—

This student, Catherine, is a rising senior at UMD studying bioengineering and kicking serious a** in a very male-dominated field. She was a serious varsity runner in HS and still hits the pavement most days. Most importantly, she has grown to be a beautiful, mature, and thoughtful person, inside and out. I felt honored that she contacted me and we were able to check-up over such a nice visit for the first time in 7 years. Moments like this make me so excited to be working directly with students again this year -- and also make me seriously consider going back to the classroom full-time as an English teacher. We shall see! πŸ‘πŸΌ

On the homefront, Dan had a particularly fussy day as he continues to go through his second major mental development, the world of patterns (Yay for the Wonder Weeks app and book!!). He demanded on being held all day, which made me extremely grateful for the Baby Bjorn Amanda lent me. I will pick up my own tomorrow, thankfully! πŸ’ͺ🏻

Will continues to be hilarious and was quite impressive on his scooter this evening, even in the crazy heat and humidity.☀️☀️

Dexter is SUPER protective of both boys, always. Tonight, while pumping, Dan was making unusual but cute snoring sounds. Dex was so concerned that he attempted to climb up onto his rock 'n play to make sure he was OK. He then didn't want to leave Dan's side once I left the room. For all of the daily abuse and rough play Dex endures daily with Will (and Dan in the future, I'm sure!), he is every the loyal, tolerant, and loving canine companion. πŸΆπŸ’—πŸ’žπŸ˜

Now, if I could only convince Greg he needs a feline buddy to keep him company again... πŸ±πŸ±πŸ±πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡

No comments:

Post a Comment