Sunday, July 17, 2016

Ugh!!

It's a good thing Daniel is so cute and adorable. πŸ‘ΆπŸ»

Today was challenging, quite challenging. 😩😩

Take an already really constipated baby and combine that with the traumatic 7 week mental leap, and you've got yourself what we call a HOT MESS. 😩😩😩 This is by far the most fussy and impossible he's been yet. 😩😩😩😩

Our great friends Ally and Matt came all the way from DC to witness this magic. 😁 I think they left our house reminded once again why it's better to wait to have children. 😳 They did just get a puppy now, which is a gateway drug to child, as far as I'm concerned. πŸ‘ΆπŸ»πŸΆπŸ˜

Once both boys were finally in bed by 9 pm, I hurried around like a mad woman trying to pack all of our necessary 10,000 bags for our 5 day trip to Deep Creek, as we leave tomorrow midday. This is where my OCD and love of packing lists and organization serve me well. In fact, such high intensity packing is like my version of the Olympics, where my gold medal is ensuring everyone has every possible thing they could need while away, even the dog. I find this kind of organization energizing and strangely therapeutic. Maybe that's why I still have so much energy now after midnight, despite not sleeping well at all last night. 😝😝😝

In other news, I went back to the Barre for the first time post-pregnancy! πŸ’ͺ🏻 The opening arm exercise sequence was surprisingly OK; it was the extended planks that did me in. I felt great overall, though! Even so, I am going to continue being kind and patient with my body and take things slowly. After all, a little human exited it a month and a half ago. πŸ˜πŸ˜œπŸ‘ΆπŸ»

Wish us luck as we depart for our first vacation as a family of four (plus the dog)! Fingers crossed that Dan is over the worst of his leap and that we can ALL get a bit of much-needed relaxation at the lake. πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸŠπŸ»πŸŠπŸ»πŸŠπŸ»

No comments:

Post a Comment