Sunday, June 26, 2016

So grateful!!


Greg goes back to work tomorrow. πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯

I know; I know. I'm blessed he got THIS much time off (4 weeks). He was originally planning to take up to 6 weeks, but I can tell he's getting eager to return, and Dan is doing so well. So, we figured this timing made sense. 😁

Yes, I will miss him. Greg has been an absolutely phenomenal help this last month, with Will, Dan, Dexter, the house, meals, the yard, everything. He even managed to get several house and garden projects done, including a complete reorganization of our entire basement this weekend. The layout is completely different and SO much more inviting. It's not done yet, but I'll post a few pics! πŸ’ͺ🏻

Greg and Will have a really special connection now. Will is completely attached to Dada and prefers him right now, which works out well with Dan practically living on my boob. πŸ‘ΆπŸ»πŸΌ

I treasured the time the four of us had last week, especially after we got our house back following our houseguests' visits. We really tried to make the most of it!! Have newborn, will go to a brewery AND winery on the same day! πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜œπŸ˜‰πŸ·

My turn to rant for a moment -- This country is absolutely ridiculous with the lack of quality, consistent, or long enough paid maternity or paternity leave, as we all know. Greg is fortunate enough to work for a team that allows him to use his accumulated sick time for paternity leave. He has an absurd amount of days saved up too, so this worked out well. And I'm lucky with the timing of Dan -- and my new job -- to not worry about using any leave this summer as a teacher. Even though I delivered him on May 31, I still burned through my remaining sick days and had to use our union's sick leave bank to ensure I was paid through June 21 (Our school year was longer this year due to our high number of snow days) So, I will start the fall with a very limited number of sick days and two small children. Joy! 😫😫😫

Back to positive things, though. I'm beyond grateful for Greg and all he does for our family! And I know there's a teeny tiny part of him that's excited to get back to work tomorrow too. πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜

No comments:

Post a Comment