Friday, June 10, 2016

My birth story!

My birth story. I guess I should finally write it down before I forget -- or repress -- it. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I lost my mucus plug throughout the day on Monday, 5/30 but proceeded with life as normal. By Tuesday morning, my contractions had started, causing my doctor to say head to the hospital. We did, checked in, and then spent the next few hours in triage, with my variable contractions being monitored. After 2 pm, Dr. Apgar decided to admit me. He explained that there was no medical reason to keep BBL2 on the inside, since he was already overdue, so I was brought to a Labor & Delivery room (with windows!!), and Petocin was started to regulate my contractions and get the process started. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

With Will, I didn't have time to get an epidural, so I knew I would get one this time if all went well. I did, and it was glorious! 🌟🌟 My contractions intensified, and I could barely feel anything. The weirdest part was the total numbing of my legs. Very bizarre. 😜

A few hours later, I could feel BBL2 descending. I was fully dilated, and Daniel Robert LaBanca was born at 8:02 pm after just three pushes. He even managed to cause a second degree tear and burst an artery on his way out! Sweet boy. 😝😫😫

Then the annoying part happened. The umbilical cord broke prematurely, and my cervix closed with my retained placenta still inside me. After only a few minutes of getting to hold precious little feisty Daniel (and lots of unsuccessful digging and attempts to retrieve my placenta by the doctor), I was whisked away to the OR to undergo a D&C to get the rest of the placenta. I was placed under general anesthesia and warned that a hysterectomy might have to occur if anything was abnormal with my placenta. Ahhhh!! Totally NOT what I wanted to hear going into the procedure! 😫😫😫

Within minutes, I was fully out, and the procedure began. Luckily, all went well, and I woke up soon afterwards on oxygen. I went to a recovery room and was beyond eager to be reunited with my boys, which happened a few hours later. πŸ’žπŸ’ž

Luckily, I was blessed with absolutely fabulous doctors and nurses throughout everything, who clearly explained what was happening. I so appreciated that. Daniel and I were both in extraordinary health. He passed all of his little screenings and tests, and we were able to go home less than 48 hours after his birth. πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻

I am grateful that my recovery at home has gone so well. My bleeding has pretty much stopped already, I only take Motrin and Tylenol as needed (despite having Rxes for painkillers, which I found very unnecessary), and I enjoy my sitz baths three times a day. πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§

Daniel is completely worth it, and we are beyond blessed. I'm pretty sure he would still be in my womb if he hadn't been evicted!! πŸ‘ΆπŸ»πŸ˜πŸŒŸπŸ’—πŸ˜œπŸ˜

No comments:

Post a Comment