Thursday, June 23, 2016

New job!!

It's been quite the awesome week so far! 🌟🌟🌟

After over a month of house guests, we finally got our space back to just the four of us Monday morning. While we are certainly grateful for ALL of the help my awesome in-laws and parents provided us, it's such a relief to finally get into a daily rhythm and routine as a family of four. Such a blessing!πŸ‘¨πŸ‘©πŸ‘¦πŸ‘¦

Dan continues to be an amazingly chill and easy baby, practically sleeping through the night already. πŸ’€πŸ’€ I know there are bound to be regressions, but we are enjoying every good night we can get right now! 

Nursing is finally hurting less. I am grateful for all of the advice and support many of you have given me. Thank you! 🍼🍼🍼

Perhaps the biggest news of the week -- I have a new job starting in August! I will be the brand new ESOL Focus Teacher at Northwest High School. This basically means I will be a kind of case manager and "guardian angel" for 45 RELLs (students recently exited from ESOL services) in grades 9-12, all of whom are chronically ineligible (GPAs less than 2.0). I will pull into their academic classes and pull them out of classes to provide individualized support. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

This is my kind of dream position right now -- flexibility, access to and working with kids all day, and the opportunity to collaborate with teachers across subject areas to find creative ways to best meet the students' needs. I couldn't be happier or more excited!! πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻

I interviewed and was offered the position on Tuesday. Apparently, the principal ran all over the parking lot and school trying to find me shortly after the interview (I was in the Media Center visiting a friend). She then called me, and I found her in the office. 😜

"The job is yours. Please say you'll accept," she said. She's a no non-sense kind of leader I love.

"Of course," I replied. 

I was warned this might happen a truly felt confident about my decision. πŸ’—πŸ’—

It is bittersweet leaving behind such a wonderful staff at my current school, but I had to listen to my gut and intuition about keeping options open for next year. It was a heck of a long process that started in February.

And it was most certainly worth the wait! Here's to new opportunities and beginnings!! 🌟🌟🌟

No comments:

Post a Comment