Thursday, July 23, 2015

Welcome to my new blog!

I love blogs, especially reading them. I have created several over the years, from when I taught in China a decade ago to a middle school teaching blog and then eventually a fertility and pregnancy blog. There is something about writing about your passions and progress and having the world see it that is quite gratifying. And also terrifying.

Who am I? I strive to be a "superfit warrior mama". I strive to be the BEST version of myself, not only for me but for my beautiful family. I am blessed to have an amazing 13 month old son, William, incredible husband of over seven years, and a fun-loving dog and cat. I am a marathoner, Crossfitter, yogi, equity warrior, and middle school teacher who also loves pets and traveling. I am an eternal optimist and always try to see the best in people, sometimes to a fault. I am a Type A overachiever, though I have to say that my son's birth has definitely mellowed me out. That's a good thing.

I have ALWAYS loved fitness and working out. It really is my solace, my me time, my sanity. Without it, my husband is convinced I will go crazy. So am I. I was a competitive runner in high school but didn't start running marathons until 2007. Since then, I have run 24 full marathons, dozens of half marathons, the JFK 50 Miler, and six endurance road and trail relays. Yes, I'm a bit obsessed. I am also a gym rat. My current cardio obsessions are Zengo Cycle and any form of HIIT (high intensity interval training). I LOVE to sweat. Daily.

Starting at an early age, I have always loved helping people. That was a huge reason I entered the field of education and am now in my 10th year of middle school teaching. I love it, as every day is challenging, exciting, unpredictable, and different. It was only a matter of time until my passion for helping people translated to my love of fitness. Yes, I have decided to become a Beachbody coach, as a long-time user of their fitness programs and loyal fan of their Shakeology supplements. I may be a sucker, but I want to spread the good news and help others become healthier and happier in the process.

One of my favorite quotes involves being the keeper of your own destiny. "Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not something to be waited for; it is something to be achieved." - William Jennings Bryan.

I hope you enjoy my blog and Facebook page, Superfit Warrior Mamas. On both places, I plan to share my progress and journey as well as my own workout, recipe, and wellness ideas.

Here's to a healthy, happy, and fulfilling lifestyle, superfit warrior mamas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment